Tap on the three dots on the top right corner of the screen and select “Choose update package”. Now select the downloaded package “Choose update package” and press “update” to confirm the installation. Once your phone in fastboot mode, connect your phone to the PC with the USB cable. Now your Xiaomi phone will boot in the https://artch.mx/nokia-firmware-suite-tool-streamlining-your-nokia/ fastboot mode and you will see the MI Bunny on the screen of your phone.
Flash the ROM and verify that the device can boot, and only then lock the bootloader using the ‘fastboot flashing lock‘ command. It’s an unofficial database created by Youssif Shaaban Alsager (yshalsager) that provides flashable MIUI ROMs (including Fastboot ROMs) for all Xiaomi devices. Unlike a Recovery ROM, installing a Fastboot ROM requires your device to have an unlocked bootloader. If you haven’t done this already, then just download the official Mi Unlock Tool and follow the instructions here.
- Flashing mode selections will appear in the lower right corner.
- To begin with, you could create a backup of all the partitions on your device.
- But you also need to do it if you want to install a system update.
- However, it will only remove if the ROM is not modded or custom.
Furthermore, you can use it to restore the stock MIUI firmware after flashing a custom ROM, a custom recovery like TWRP, or rooting. On the other hand, custom ROMs are unofficial firmware developed by third-party developers. While they offer more features and customization options than stock ROMs, they often lack the stability and security of stock ROMs.
This step is very important, if you don’t do this, your device will be stuck in bootloop. The LazyFlasher .zip file skips the Android security check and allows the phone to boot, if you don’t do this, your phone won’t boot as it won’t be able to pass the security check. Installing a custom ROM can void your device warranty. Additionally, you will no longer receive the official firmware update. Note that this is a risky process, and your phone might get stuck into a boot loop. We at Droid Thunder will not be liable for any damage.
- You have successfully installed Stock ROM on your Xiaomi smartphone using Mi Flash Tool.
- Reboot into CWM recovery – Power off the phone and then press the “Power + volume up” button simultaneously to boot into recovery mode.
- The flashing process could take some time, so sit back, relax, and do not disrupt the USB connection.
- Since you used the ‘clean all’ or ‘save user data’ option, the bootloader is not locked and the error is shown.
The flashing procedure can also be carried out directly through the Fastboot binary; in such cases, the Fastboot ROM is compatible with Windows, Linux, and macOS. Xiaomi as promised started rolling MIUI 8 Global Stable build for various supportive devices. The update is rolling out via OTA and the Redmi 1S, Mi 2/2S, Mi 4i, Redmi Note 3G, Redmi Note 4G users are the first to experience the all new MIUI 8 ROM.